- The Hittite problem 2023 Aug 10
How do we interpret neural networks? We should start by comparing it to the geopolitical situation of early Indo-European Anatolia.
- Me and Research 2023 Mar 28
Looking back at my research journey in NLP after getting into a Ph.D. program.
- Some intuitions about transformers 2022 Dec 24
I've been thinking about transformers a lot recently.
- Some CCG derivations in Hindi 2022 Oct 08
Learned about Combinatory Categorial Grammar in class, so I tried to apply it to Hindi.
- NAACL 2022 2022 Aug 04
NAACL was the best conference experience I've ever had, no doubt about it.
- A machine-learned syntactic tagset? 2022 Jun 21
Messing with the Kitaev et al. (2022) parser.
- Secret verb forms in Hindi 2022 May 23
There are some strange verb forms in Hindi that I haven't seen described in any grammar or paper. I've collected some of them here.
- The -kk- verbal extension in Indo-Aryan 2022 May 03
- *ll in Indo-Aryan 2022 Feb 21
Some notes on the development of *ll in Indo-Aryan.
- Reflexive causatives in Hindi 2022 Jan 12
A new kind of language change?
- Sikk glossed 2021 Sep 07
Gloss of the song by Muhammad Masood.
- Greater Magadha 2021 May 13
Notes on the book by Johannes Bronkhorst.
- Hindi is not Sanskrit: Phonetics and Phonology 2021 Mar 08
Hindi is not "exactly like Sanskrit" despite what some nonsensical claims say.
- Bhāṣācitra 2021 Feb 10
Recently, I’ve been working on mapping the languages of South Asia by organising the scholarly work that has been done on individual varieties.
- New Indo-Aryan conservatisms 2020 Dec 14
This is a list of Indo-Aryan lexical items whch can be traced to Indo-European yet have no preserved Sanskrit intermediaries.
- Why Linguistics? 2020 Dec 12
This is a question I’ve been dealing with ever since I went down this academic path, and one that I think I will continue to grapple with for a long time: what is the point of studying linguistics?
- EMNLP 2020 2020 Nov 18
- ACL 2020 2020 Jul 10
ACL 2020 was the most exciting event in my life so far as a proto-computational linguist. This was my first conference, and my first published research paper.
- Hindi adpositions 2020 Jun 02
These are just some notes about Hindi SNACS that I wanted to be publicly available. I would use Google Docs, but they don't have good support for interlinear glosses. I would use Xposition, but I'm not really sure what the best place for it is there.